Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Am I chasing the Son?

I was listening to a wonderful, gentle lady speak about how to do simple evangelism.  I loved hearing her tell of her experiences in sharing the message of Jesus with others.  I felt God prompting me to buy her material and study more in this area.  So I bought it and then put it aside as I had no time... so I told myself.  What I didn't realize is that I was saying I had no time for Him, Jesus.  I have only listened to the first 30ish min presentation. And already I am seeing what I missed by putting off listening to her material.  So I would like to share some of what I am learning.

Tough question:
Am I seeing after God and who He is? Or am I just seeking for things from God? 

The bible text: seek you FIRST the kingdom of God and ALL His righteousness.  And then God will give me the things that are needed.  (my paraphrase)

So I ask the question:  Am I seeking things from Him or am I seeking Him?

Next question:  How do I seek Him and not things from Him?

This lady shared about a way to ready the bible that seeks Him.  Look not at the the words of the bible but at the Jesus of the Bible. 

4 Questions to ask yourself as you read about Jesus and how He lived.  
1. What does this passage teach me about Jesus, about His Character about how he acted and lived etc?
2. What does this tell me about myself?
3. Lord, what changes do YOU (Jesus) want to make in my life? (Remember He has to change us, we can not Change ourselves.)
4. Evangelism part: Is there someone you would like me to share this passage or verse with?

This challenged me.   So I put aside my other study I was doing and started the book of John.  What better place to start then hearing from the disciple that loved Jesus and whom Jesus Loved.  It is said that he was the closest to Jesus.  So I chose to start there.  Just the first 5 verses taught me so much about God, about Jesus, about myself.  About what God wants to change in me.  I will share this in my next message. 

But my challenge to you is: what are you doing: seeking things from God or are you seeking God?

Put another way: Are you seeking things for yourself or are you seeking His righteousness and things/people for His kingdom?

No comments:

Post a Comment